Saturday, June 9, 2012

The eyes have it

To Bathurst yesterday at last to see optomertrist. Very pleasant woman who more or less explained what she was doing. My eye troubles (clouded vision) may be the result of mild cataracts, which I had suspected from my last visit to optometrist in Katoomba which I have realized was two years ago - I had thought it was only last year. My eyes notbapparently damaged by diabetes, which is a relief. - I am to see an eye doctor at Lithgow Hospital tout suite; as ever when there is a problem these matters are speedily arranged. The optometrist is to make an appointment and let me know when on Tuesday afternoon. This does not apparently necessarily mean surgery, at least at this stage (bet it does though). After this visit glasses can be procured. Slight relief but mindful of a great deal of hoping and froing that all this is likely to entail. At least eyesight not ad enough for there to be, at thispoint, a problem with driving (which is really why I would like new glasses). - Optometrist's former assistant used to work for optometrist I used to go to in Sydney so if necessary she can obtain data from him. - Cold weather turning damp this afternoon. Getting more interested in doing yard work. Slightly more stable on feet. May call at hardware store when I shortly go to Lithgow for Sunday papers and firewood (life's neccesoties). - Have formulated plan to go to UK for November 2013, hopefully this can be afforded (a lottery win would be useful). it is interesting to note from JL-M's diaries that John Julius Norwich used to plan on a lottery win, even though he was better off than we are. Don't think this ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment